Paella Pan, glass hire and Parties
What do all three have in common? Well, a good party needs glasses and glass hire is a good environmentally friendly and easy way of always having enough glasses without having to wash up during the party. A good paella is always on the top of my list at an outdoor party.
Its easier than hot dogs, burgers and steaks and can be prepared for a lot of people to help themselves, leaving you free to mingle and enjoy the party. Oh, and its tastes gooood!
Our paella pan at 90cm diameter can produce up to 50 servings of paella for you and your guests to enjoy with a glass of vino and some music and sunshine. So there’s no topping up of food cooking, no burnt sausages for late comers, just great healthy rice just like the Great Spanish Mamas make.
- 10-12 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoon paprika
- 10 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4kg skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 5cm pieces or aubergine, mushrooms and tofu
- 10 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 15 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 teaspoon crushed red chilli flakes
- 2kg short-grain white rice
- 5 pinch saffron threads
- 5 bay leaf
- 3 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 5 litre chicken stock
- 10 lemons, zested
- 10 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 onion, chopped
- 5 red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3kg fresh chorizo sausage, casings removed and diced – optional
- 2kg prawns, peeled and deveined – optional
Prep:1hr › Cook:1.5hrs › Ready in:2.5hrs
- In a medium bowl, mix together 10 tablespoons olive oil, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir in chicken pieces to coat. Cover, and refrigerate.
- Heat 10 tablespoons olive oil in paella pan over medium heat. Stir in garlic, red chilli flakes and rice. Cook, stirring, to coat rice with oil, about 10 minutes. Stir in saffron threads, bay leaf, parsley, chicken stock and lemon zest. Bring to the boil, cover, and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 10 tablespoons olive oil in a separate pan over medium heat. Stir in marinated chicken and onion; cook 10-15 minutes. Stir in red pepper and sausage; cook 10 minutes. Stir in prawns; cook, turning the prawns, until both sides are pink.
- And its ready to serve.
And, for the veggies amongst us, substitute aubergines, mushrooms and tofu instead of the fish and meat, delicious!