Essential Info On Our Terms and Conditions
- The Company’’ is Adams Catering Equipment And Furniture Hire
- The Customer’’ is any company, organisation or individual to which Adams Catering Hire is contracted to supply goods and/or services.
- Goods’’ are any items that are the subject of any contract between Adams Catering Hire and the customer, regardless of ownership.
- The Contract’’ is any written or verbal agreement between the customer and Adams Catering Hire to provide goods and/or services.
- Without prejudice, or the need to give notice to the customer, the company reserve the right to substitute similar equipment in lieu of a particular item ordered.
- The customer is fully responsible for hired equipment from commencement of hire until the equipment is returned back to the company.
- No responsibility will be accepted by the company for accident or damage resulting from the use of the equipment hired howsoever caused.
- Under no circumstances should electrical equipment be used without being correctly earthed unless it is of double insulated construction.
- Gas appliances must not be used below ground level and should be sited in a well-ventilated area.
- Hired equipment is solely intended to be used and stored indoors unless specifically designed and manufactured for use outdoors. If the equipment is used and stored outdoors the customer is fully responsible for any damage caused.
- Table linen must not be returned damp or wet. Damage resulting from mildew, candle wax or other stains and burn marks will be invoiced at full replacement cost.
- All containers used in the packing and transit of equipment must be returned. A charge will be made for all cartons and boxes lost or damaged.
- China, glass and cutlery will incur dirty wash charge. This cost is 20% on the total hire amount for these items. This cost is optional. This means after the event all you need to do is empty the glasses, scrape the food off the plates and put them back in the boxes – no need to wash up.
- SDW – Slight damage waiver. This cost is 2.5% on the total hire amount of furniture and electrical equipment. If the items can be fixed in house without any additional supplies being bought you will not be charged for the damage. If we have to outsource anything the cost will be passed on. If the item cannot be fixed you will be charged the replacement cost of the item.
- All equipment hired remains the property of the company.
- If a customer has any cause for complaint concerning the condition, suitability or performance of equipment the company must be notified by email within 24 hours from delivery. No consideration for redress will be given to a grievance once the item has been used.
- Hire charges are calculated from the date of delivery until the date of collection.
- Hire charges shown are for a 3 day period (weekends are charged at this rate), 4-7 days are charged at 1.5 times.
- Hire charges do not include transport, dirty return, SDW and VAT
- Quotations are not accepted as an order until a deposit is taken, with the balance due 4 weeks prior to delivery, unless an account with us is held. Valid credit card details are required as a security deposit on all orders by non-account customers.
We reserve the right to cancel any deliveries not paid for in full before the due date.
- All quotes will include transport, dirty return, SDW and VAT. Transport and dirty return are both optional.
- Transport cost will be calculated based on the postcode you wish for us to deliver to. If you would like to collect and return the items, our warehouse is open Monday-Friday 8am-4pm.
- Dirty return is calculated at 20% of the total hire amount on china, glassware and cutlery.
Delivery/Collection or Customer Collect/Return
- For all customer collections, valid ID will need to be produced at the time of collection (photo ID and utility bill). Goods will not be released until ID is shown.
- The customer warrants the person signing the delivery note is duly authorised to do so on behalf of the customer and the person signing the delivery note warrants he/she is duly authorised to sign on behalf of the customer
- Every effort will be made to comply with any reasonable directive relating to delivery and collection arrangements. However, the company does not accept liability for claims arising from non-delivery or late collection of equipment or failure to adhere to those specific instructions.
- All deliveries are made to a ground floor reception area, unless advised otherwise prior to delivery. Charges may be made for deliveries executed elsewhere. A charge for waiting time will be made if the venue is unable to accept goods at the pre-arranged time. When collecting, we expect that all goods shall be left in one place and returned in their correct containers. A charge may be made if we have to clear and collect. If we are unable, for reason of time to do this, we will make a charge for recollection when the goods are ready.
- Return of lost equipment can only be accepted up to 5 working days from the date the losses notification is sent over to you. Any goods returned after this time will have the standard extended hire charge.
- Once the equipment has been returned to the company we will email across a losses/damages notification within 48 hours of the items being returned. This will highlight any items lost or damaged. The company, then gives you another 5 working days to return any lost items. The notification will be invoiced 5 working days after being sent to the customer and you will be charged for the equipment.
- For account holders, invoice are due for payment strictly 30 days from the date of invoice, we reserve the right to charge 2% interest on all late payments.
- If a cheque is presented to us for payment for the contract and is returned by the bank, a fee will be charged.
- The company accept the following as payment type prior to confirming any booking; credit/debit card, cheque, BACS/CHAPS
- The company must have cleared funds prior to confirming any quote (order/booking)?.
- Each quote supplied for by the company will show a refundable damage deposit.
- The deposit, less the replacement cost of breakages or losses, is returned back the same way payment is made.
- The deposit is refunded back to the customer between 5-10 working days from the date the equipment is returned to the company.
Cancellation charges are as follows:
- Over 5 days’ notice prior to delivery – no charge
- Less than 5 days’ notice prior to delivery – 25%
- Less than 2 days’ notice prior to delivery – 100%
- For cancellations of any contract, the company must have this in writing.
- Additions can be made to any order up until 24 hours before the date of delivery
- To reduce your order the charges are as follows:
- Over 5 day’s notice prior to delivery – no charge
- Less than 5 day’s notice prior to delivery – 25% charge
- Less than 2 day’s notice prior to delivery – we are unable to make any reductions
Registered Office; Sterling House, Fulbourne Road, London E17 4EE
Registered in UK; 3067272 VAT Reg No; GB662 4761 24
Bank; Lloyds TSB, Sort code; 30.99.86 Account; 01264613
Adams Catering Equipment & Furniture Hire, Adams House, 4 Dundee Way, Brimsdown, Enfield EN3 7SX Tel; 0870 300 6000 Email; email@example.com